Keeping up with the latest in slang is much like keeping up with the latest fashion trends. Words and styles change fast. RSO explains what drip and other fashion terms mean.
Keeping up with the latest in slang is much like keeping up with the latest fashion trends. Words and styles change fast. At Rockstar Original, we got you covered with all things fashion-oriented, including a drippy style.
“What does must-cop drip mean,” you ask?
Drip is a term to refer to someone’s cool sense of style. Hip-hop culture popularized the term, and it gained popularity as a way to describe a person’s impressive and trendy appearance. Drip can apply to clothing, shoes, jewelry, or just how someone carries themselves.
Drip style applies to the way that you put your outfit together and how you carry yourself while wearing it. Looking drippy means that you’re fashionable, but you also have an undeniable energy when carrying yourself that embodies an original street style attitude. Drip is about how you make clothes look, how they make you feel, and how they fit on you. It means being true to yourself and wearing what you want to wear because that’s what makes you feel most confident.
Your style is about exploring and learning what looks good to you. To look drippy means to look entirely unique! Don't be afraid to try different clothing to figure out what your own drippy style is.
Other Fashion Slang Terms
Relatedly, here are some other terms you might have heard, along with their clothing meaning in fashion slang:
- #OOTD: The “outfit of the day” hashtag is used on social media such as Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to showcase your drip clothing for the day. You can use the #WIWT (what I wore today) hashtag, too, to show off your daily dripped out fits.
- AF: "As f**k" is a superlative that's even more than "super." When you embody the drip style, you look drippy AF, for real. It’s a way to describe something as extra, in a good way.
- Beat: You might hear someone say, "Your face is looking beat!" Your grandparents might think it means you look tired, but in today's fashion slang, beat refers to someone's well-applied makeup. When you’re looking beat, you have applied makeup well.
- Dope: At Rockstar Original, our dopest streetwear looks for men include a drip style that will have your circle asking, where did you get that drip? ‘Dope’ used this way means excellent.
- 'Fits: 'Fits, short for outfits, means a complete look. However, sometimes it can be used to describe a slim fit, oversized fit, baggy fit, or even a skinny fit.
- GOAT: First popularized by Muhammad Ali, GOAT or Greatest Of All Time is used in hip-hop culture now to describe expertise in something, whether basketball, rap, etc.
- Inspo: Short for inspiration, especially in terms of drip style, "inspo" can refer to whatever influenced your look, your vibe, or your 'fit. Occasionally, you'll see inspo with #OOTD or #WIWT hashtags.
- Lit: When someone tells you, "That look is lit," that's another way of saying "You look good," or "That drip is dope."
- Slay: This means doing something well, including putting together an outfit full of drip style. Check out our Women's New Arrivals for looks to slay all day!
- Swag: This refers to the way you dress and look in its entirety, including the “drip” you wear.
So, now you'll understand what we mean when we say, "Looking for inspo for your next ‘fit? Rockstar Original drops dope drips every month, featuring the hottest urban styles." And don't forget to tag @rockstaroriginal in your 'Insta feed to be featured on our home page.